Dropshipping is the new network marketing. If you’re not familiar with either of those terms, don’t worry, you’re not alone. A lot of people are still trying to figure out what dropshipping is, and whether or not it’s a viable business model. In this blog post, we’ll break down what dropshipping is, how it works, and whether or not it’s a good idea for you to start a dropshipping business. We’ll also compare dropshipping to network marketing to help you see why neither is going to make you rich.
What is Dropshipping?
Dropshipping is a business model in which you sell products that you don’t have to stock or ship. When a customer orders a product from your store, you simply contact the supplier and they ship the product directly to the customer. You never have to see or touch the product yourself. Dropshipping is a popular business model because it’s easy to get started and it doesn’t require a large investment. All you need is a domain name, hosting, and a few other tools and you can start selling products online.
How Does Dropshipping Work?
Dropshipping is a simple concept, but there’s a lot more to it than meets the eye. In order to be successful at dropshipping, you need to find reliable suppliers, create attractive product listings, drive traffic to your store, and convert that traffic into sales. To drive traffic to your store, it will take a lot of advertising dollars these days. Don’t let the “gurus” fool you into thinking it’s all fun and games. Let’s take a closer look at each of these steps.
Find Reliable Suppliers
This is perhaps the most important part of starting a dropshipping business. If you can’t find reliable suppliers, you won’t be able to run your business for long. There are a few things you should look for when vetting potential suppliers:
– A wide selection of products: You want to be able to offer your customers a wide selection of products so they can find what they’re looking for in your store.
– Low prices: In order to be competitive, you need to be able to offer low prices. Your retail prices will be determined by how much you can get the products for.
– Fast shipping times: Customers expect fast shipping times (think Amazon), so you need to make sure your suppliers can meet that demand.
– Good customer service: You’ll likely have to contact your suppliers from time to time, so it’s important that they have good customer service.
Create Attractive Product Listings
Once you’ve found some reliable suppliers, it’s time to create attractive product listings. Your product listings are what will convince customers to buy from your store, so it’s important to take some time to create listings that are both informative and visually appealing. Here are a few things to keep in mind when creating your product listings:
– Use high-quality images: Customers want to see what they’re buying, so make sure you use high-quality images in your listings.
– Write compelling descriptions: In addition to images, your product descriptions should be convincing enough to get customers to add items to their carts. This is what I recommend for product description writing: https://go.carinahatton.com/jasper
– Use keyword-rich titles: Titles that are rich in keywords will help your listings rank higher in search engines, making it more likely that customers will find your products. Here’s what I use for keyword research: https://go.carinahatton.com/keywords
Drive Traffic to Your Store
Once you’ve created your product listings, it’s time to start driving traffic to your store. There are a number of ways you can do this, but some of the most popular include:
– Search engine optimization: Use keyword-rich titles and descriptions to help your listings rank higher in search engines.
– Social media marketing: Use social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to drive traffic to your store.
– Email marketing: Use email campaigns to reach potential customers who may be interested in your products.
Convert Traffic into Sales
The final step is to convert the traffic you’re driving to your store into sales. This can be done a number of ways, but some of the most effective include:
– Creating compelling calls-to-action: Use strong calls-to-action on your product listings and throughout your store to encourage customers to buy from you.
– Offering free shipping: Free shipping is a great incentive for customers to buy from your store.
Does Dropshipping Work?
Dropshipping is a popular business model, but that doesn’t mean it’s right for everyone (or anyone). In order to be successful at dropshipping, you need to find reliable suppliers, create attractive product listings, drive traffic to your store, and convert that traffic into sales. It will take a lot of time and money to build the business to the point you’re making profits consistently.
What is Network Marketing?
Network marketing is a business model in which you promote and sell products for a company, and earn commissions on your sales. You also earn commissions on the sales of the people you recruit to join your “downline”. In order to be successful at network marketing, you need to find a company with products that you believe in, and then build a team of people who will promote and sell those products. It takes a lot of commitment to get up the ladder of network marketing companies, and most never make it out of the first level.
Dropshipping is the New Network Marketing: You Can’t Get Rich with Either
There are several similarities between dropshipping and network marketing. With both, you are not selling a unique product. There are thousands of others selling the exact same thing as you. You also make very little profit off the products, so have to do a lot of sales volume to make even a part-time living. With dropshipping, you have very little support or direction from anyone in order to help you build your business. With network marketing, you typically have the company who you signed up under providing new marketing materials and products regularly, along with sales training. You should also have access to your upline for questions and training.
So, is dropshipping or network marketing worth it? If you’re looking to get rich quick, the answer is no. But if you’re willing to put in the time and effort, there’s a good chance you can make a part-time income with network marketing.
Want to make more profits, have unique products and do it your way? Check out Online Boutique Course : Scale Your Business to Five Figure Months